The internal openings below are only for current employees of Jefferson-Clarion Head Start, Inc. If you are not a current employee, please visit the our Job Opportunities page to view employment opportunities available for all job seekers.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Assistant Teacher assists in providing developmentally appropriate educational activities by helping to provide individual attention, instruction, and supervision for the children in the classroom. Also assists in the preparation of material and activities, preparation and serving of meals/snacks, and assume responsibility for clean-up activities.
- Baccalaureate degree in Early Childhood Education or related degree
- Baccalaureate degree with Certification in Early Childhood Education
- Associate degree in Early Childhood Education or related degree
- Child Development Associate Credential.
- Enrolled in a program leading to an Associate degree or Baccalaureate degree
- Enrolled in a Child Development Associate Credential program to be completed within 2 years
Entry Level: $12.01- $13.15 per hour or commensurate with experience
Part-Time Work Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday–Friday, approx. 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Benefits include: Paid holidays, paid individual health care coverage, Vision, Annual and Sick Leave, Aflac Options, Family-friendly work environment, Summers off
Location: New Bethlehem, PA
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, possess a valid PA driver’s license, and have Act 34, 151 & 114 clearances at time of hire. Covid-19 vaccination is a condition of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for valid medical or sincerely held religious belief exemptions. If exemption is approved, weekly Covid testing will be required.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and employment application either online, by email to email@example.com or by mail to Jefferson-Clarion Head Start, Inc., 18 Western Ave. Suite C, Brookville, PA 15825.
For our Employment Application or more information:
- visit our agency website at www.jcheadstart.com
- call 814-849-3660 ext. 100
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. EOE